Brandon Schantz focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation and domestic and international business transactions across various industries and product markets.
Prior to founding Schantz Law Firm, Mr. Schantz worked at prominent law firms in San Francisco, California; Madrid, Spain; New Delhi, India; and Shanghai, China. At these firms Mr. Schantz worked as a summer associate, associate, and senior associate. He worked in admiralty litigation, complex commercial litigation, and international business transactions with a focus on mergers and acquisitions and start-ups.
Unlike many civil litigators, Mr. Schantz has tried multiple cases to verdict, as first and second chair, in California courts and private arbitration. In addition, Mr. Schantz regularly counsels businesses on general legal matters, negotiation strategy, and long-term business plans.
Mr. Schantz holds a Juris Doctor (J.D.) and Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) from the United States and a Master of Laws (LL.M.) in European Union Law from Spain. While at university Mr. Schantz was a member of the Men’s Varsity Crew Team.
In addition to living and working in the United States, Spain, India, and China, Mr. Schantz has traveled through more than thirty-five countries. This expansive international experience benefits Schantz Law Firm’s corporate clients when negotiations take place involving entities from around the world and from various cultural and legal backgrounds.
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- Selected for 2018 Southern California Rising Stars List by Super Lawyers. An exclusive list which recognizes no more than 2.5% of attorneys in California
- Appointed Member, Business Law Section, Business Litigation Committee, State Bar of California (2016-2019)
- Official California Bar Exam Grader (Business Associations & Professional Responsibility), State Bar of California (2015)
- Adjunct Faculty in Litigation & Mock Trial Coach, Golden Gate University School of Law (2012-2014)
- Golden Gate University, School of Law, Juris Doctor (J.D.)
- Focus: Business Litigation and International Commercial Transactions
- Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Graduate School of Law, Master of Laws (LL.M.) in European Union Law
- Certificate of Specialization in European and Spanish Competition (Antitrust) Law
- American University, School of Public Affairs, Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Political Science/Law & Society
- Oarsmen, Men’s Varsity Crew Team
- Sonoma State University, School of Business and Economics, Wine Business Institute, Certificate in Wine Business Management (Expected 2018)
When needed Schantz Law Firm can staff matters with carefully selected attorneys who have a close working relationship with Schantz Law Firm.
Unlike many law firms who staff matters with attorneys who simply need more billable hours, Schantz Law Firm aims to staff matters with additional attorneys only when needed to handle increased case load or to draw upon that attorney’s specific area of knowledge. This generally leads to increased positive results for our clients coupled with decreased attorneys’ fees.
FOREIGN LICENSED ATTORNEYS
Many clients have businesses that cross state and international boundaries. Founding attorney Brandon Schantz has worked at prominent law firms in Spain, India, and China. In addition, owing to Mr. Schantz’s foreign Master of Laws (LL.M.) education, Mr. Schantz has close working relationships with attorneys in additional European and Latin American countries.
With the client’s consent, Schantz Law Firm is able to draw upon this international network of attorneys to provide Schantz Law Firm clients with the legal team necessary to complete the job.